Southlake Animal Hospital offers cat,
dog, avian, reptile, and small mammal boarding.
- Printable boarding information and forms are available
on the Forms page.
- Reservations are required. Holidays are especially busy, so please make
reservations well in advance.
- A deposit is required for holiday boarding.
- Dogs must be current on Rabies, DHLPPC, and Bordatella vaccinations.
must be current on Rabies, FVRCP, and Leukemia vaccinations.
- If vaccinations are not
complete or current, the pet will be vaccinated at the owner's expense.
- All pets
will be examined for fleas and ticks. If found, the pet will be treated at the owner's expense.
- In the event of an emergency or illness, every effort will be made to contact the owner. If we are unable to
contact you or if treatment must be initiated immediately, all related expense would be the responsibility of the owner.
- Check out time is 12:00 p.m. the first business day after a Major Holiday to avoid an additional day's charge.
For Avian Boarding:
- For new customers, a well exam and negative test are required within 30 days of the boarding date.
- For previous customers, a well exam and negative test are required within one
year of scheduled boarding date if there has been exposure to any other birds anywhere since previous testing. Otherwise,
exam and test will be required every two years.
tests are psittacosis, beak and feather disease, Pacheco's (avian herpes), internal parasites,
and bird must be free of upper respiratory infections.